Currently Reading

This is what I'm currently reading and my opinion of it. If you don't like what I think, read the book and judge for yourself.

August 22, 2005

VIKING - Sworn Brother

by Tim Severin

The 2nd book is out!!!! Thorgils is a young man now and has survived the persecution of the irish monks and is now living in England. He is within the court of the King Knut the Great and is having an affair with the King's wife Aelfgifu. A dangerous way to live no doubt.

I have already started reading and so far Thorgils has learnt to be a falconer for the King but has now travelled to London and is learning from a jeweler/coin maker. This guy makes the royal coins and jewellery for the Queen, Thorgils lover. Thorgils seems to be learning many skills amongst his travels.

I'm looking forward to see how this book shapes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home